This session looks at the lifecycle of a production from an idea on paper, to being studio-ready. A roadmap of the things to consider, and do, to make the best possible show, editorially, creatively and logistically. Learn to release value and potential, spot opportunities and efficiencies – and avoid late and incomplete thinking, and costly mistakes.
• Clarity of purpose and process
• Really understanding what the programme is
• Map of all the creative and editorial processes
• Explanation of the processes
• Who should be talking to who on the extended team
• When to involve key department heads
• Things to avoid ! (and some production horror stories!)
• Planning for success
Editorial, creative and production management personnel, working in development or production, or young-in-service studio directors taking new programmes to studio. Basic knowledge of studio operation is a pre-requisite.
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least seven days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient enrolments. Read more about our terms and conditions.
Before you can book on this course, you will need to sign in with your ITF account. If you have not yet got an ITF account you can sign up here.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.