Have you ever wanted an hour, just to ask about getting your finances organised, or perhaps to ask how freelancing works? Our Freelancers Clinic aims to give you that space in a one-to-one session where you can focus on the one or two issues that matter to you. We can cover how to organise yourself like a small business, how to plan your networking, and how not to waste time on paperwork. We also have some printed materials and templates to help you on your way.
Please choose one of the following time slots: 10:00 – 11:00 11:05 – 12:05 12:10 – 13:10 13:10 – 14:10
We can help you understand any of the following:
• Types of business: self-employment, sole trader, limited company, and partnership
• How tax and national insurance work for freelancers; how VAT works for freelancers
• Tips for getting organised: sorting paperwork, keeping track of contacts
• Getting paid: invoice tips, and chasing late payments
• Planning to succeed: how to not run out of cash
• Networking basics, including setting up a social media profiles
For experienced freelancers, and those just starting out, with limited knowledge of business skills and finance. It’s particularly relevant to anyone who’d rather hide under the duvet than sort out paperwork or chase late payments.
Please note: we are not tax advisors or financial advisors. We can help you with the basics so that you can make your own decisions and get more organised.
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least seven days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient enrolments. Read more about our terms and conditions.
Before you can book on this course, you will need to sign in with your ITF account. If you have not yet got an ITF account you can sign up here.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.