This is a one day workshop for developing directors who want to enhance their storytelling and production skills. It is designed to help you understand and improve your creative and practical skills that you need to be a good producer/director in documentaries and factual television.
• An overview of documentary directing & producing with real case studies.
• “Why story matters” and how to produce & direct story centred documentaries.
• Getting the best from your contributors.
• Directing crews & self-shooting – the pros and cons.
• The “Three Headed PD”: practice solving actual production problems.
• Best practice habits, process & skills.
Emerging and recent directors and producers, APs, DV directors, journalistic filmmakers and others moving into observational documentary.
Cancellations must be in writing and must be received at least seven days prior to the course date or the full fee will be charged. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses without liability, and delegates will be offered an alternative date or full refund. ITF reserves the right to cancel courses if there are insufficient enrolments. Read more about our terms and conditions.
Before you can book on this course, you will need to sign in with your ITF account. If you have not yet got an ITF account you can sign up here.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.